Strategic Planning Training
This training was recorded at Dallas Theological Seminary (DTS) in 2012. The training was delivered by Dr. Aubrey Malphurs who at the time was on the Society board. Aubrey is Senior Professor of Educational Ministries and Leadership and Pastoral Ministry at DTS. He is also the principal in his consulting practice called The Malphurs Group. This training is based on Aubrey’s consulting practices and one of his many books, Advanced Strategic Planning.
(Note: discounts are available for Basic Members, Premium Members, Student Members, and those that have previously taken all four levels of our training and would like to audit this training).
This training is one of three online offerings from the Society that satisfies our Levels 1-4 requirement for certification. For an overview and description and to compare this Generalist training to our Revitalization and Strategic Planning training, please click here.
- Ideal for denominational leaders or independent consultants interested in learning a highly developed method of facilitating the strategic planning of a church leadership team. Although the method is intended primarily for consultants, it could be adapted for use by pastors
- Learn a comprehensive process of planning that is facilitated over 6-7 months
- Some emphasis on health assessment but mostly on facilitating the development of a revitalization plan
- Take major strides toward becoming certified by the Society
- 973 PowerPoint slides (although not all were used in training) and other handouts
- 18 hours of training