If you’re already a practicing consultant, or are exploring the possibility, we invite you to investigate credentials with the Society.
Have you consulted with any churches in the past? Your experience could qualify you for certification.
- Recognized “Certified Church Consultant” credentials
- Society logo to use on business cards, Web sites, brochures, etc.
- Listing in the online consultant directory
- Frameable membership certificate & code of ethics
* Notice to Consultants and Churches: Certification by the Society indicates the individual has completed the training or application process, but it does not imply responsibility for what the consultant does in practice, since each consultant is independent. The Society for Church Consulting does not directly employ consultants, and is not responsible for the actions of its members. We encourage all certified consultants to abide by the code of ethics, and we reserve the right to revoke credentials at any time for cause. Churches or persons using any consultant should carefully check the background and track record of each consultant before making a decision to hire them. SCC makes no explicit or implied guarantee regarding the results obtained by engaging any certified consultant.
Requirements for completing certification
- Must be a Society member in good standing ($139 per year)
- A minimum of five consecutive years in consulting work OR complete adequate training (Levels 1-5 with the Society or equivalent training by another body). Level 5 may be completed through coaching of your consultation or your shadowing of a certified consultant on one of their comprehensive consultations.
- Submit a 1,000-word paper on your philosophy of consulting
- Complete final certification work beyond Level 5. You may choose one of the following four options:
- Conduct a comprehensive consultation on your own and submit the final report for review.
- If you were coached for Level 5 you can shadow a second consultation, or if you shadowed for Level 5, you can shadow a second time. The shadowing fee must be paid for this experience.
- If in the past 3 years you completed a comprehensive consultation similar to what we describe in our training, you can submit to the Society for review the written report that you gave to the church from that consultation.
- The Society will offer four online webinar case studies per year, once each quarter, for $99 each. You must complete two of these case studies. The webinar will require written work and participation in the online webinar.
- Submit three signed ministry reference letters
- Agree to abide by the Consultant’s Code of Ethics
Initial certification fee: $189
Annual certification renewal includes Society membership: $238